Aggressive, Experienced Federal Drug Defense
If you are facing a federal drug charge your very first step should be to find legal representation as fast as possible. The truth is you need experienced legal help if you want to ensure the best possible outcome in your case. An experienced attorney can make sure that your case is resolved in the best manner possible and that you avoid making any costly mistakes.
Federal drug charges are very serious and can carry significant penalties. We have:
- extensive knowledge of federal drug laws
- extensive experience defending all types of federal drug crimes
We will do everything possible to protect your rights and minimize the damages and penalties resulting from the Government’s accusation of a drug crime.
While any federal prosecution is a serious matter, drug cases are especially dangerous for persons targeted by the U.S. Government.
This means that if you or a loved one has been arrested for a federal drug crime it is critical to immediately arrange for proactive, sophisticated representation that will act to achieve the avoidance of unnecessary punishment and reach the best outcome possible.
Call (817) 203-2220
We have handled all types of federal drug crimes including:
- Drug Possession
- Drug Trafficking
- Drug Manufacturing
- Possession With Intent to Sell and/or Deliver
- Drug Importation
- Conspiracy to Commit a Federal Drug Offense
- Even federal Marijuana Charges.
Federal Methamphetamine Charges
Methamphetamine, which includes Crystal Meth and other forms of the drug, has become very popular and, as a result, is treated very harshly by federal authorities.
And it’s not just the drug that is treated harshly; federal authorities also take possession of meth precursors (substances used to make meth) very seriously as well. In fact, if you are caught purchasing or otherwise obtaining large quantities of the substances used to make meth, you could be charged with manufacturing or attempted manufacture of meth.
Those caught with meth or meth precursors face sentences like these:
- If you are arrested with at least five grams of pure meth or 50 grams of a meth mixture, you could receive a five-year mandatory minimum sentence and up to 40 years imprisonment.
- If you are captured with at least 50 grams of pure meth or 500 grams or more of a meth mix, you will face a minimum sentence of 10 years and up to life imprisonment.
Remember, these sentences are just the minimum sentences, depending on your case and criminal history you could be facing much longer behind bars. Schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you get the best possible outcome for your meth-related case.
Federal Marijuana Charges
Facing a marijuana charge? Based on current federal sentencing guidelines you could be facing the following:
- For less than 50 kilograms of marijuana, except if you had 50 or more marijuana plants regardless of weight, you may be sentenced to up to five years in prison.
- For 100 kilograms or more of a substance containing marijuana or 100 or more marijuana plants, you can be sentenced to between five and 40 years of prison.
- For 1,000 kilograms or more of a mixture containing marijuana or 1,000 or more marijuana plants, then you may be sentenced to a minimum of 10 years in prison and up to life.
We are experienced at crafting intelligent defenses against marijuana charges, schedule a free consultation to learn more. Call us at (817) 203-2220.
Federal Cocaine Charges
Cocaine possession, trafficking, sales, and importation are all taken very seriously by federal law enforcement agents and prosecutors.
If federal authorities catch you with any amount of cocaine, which is a Schedule II controlled substance, you can expect to be charged with a crime under 21 U.S. Code § 841.
Based on current sentencing guidelines you could face the following sentences:
- For powder cocaine, 500 grams or more requires a mandatory minimum of five years in prison and potentially up to 40 years in prison.
- More than five kilograms requires a mandatory minimum of 10 years
- For crack cocaine (or cocaine base), 28 grams results in a minimum five-year prison sentence, and 280 grams leads to a minimum of 10 years in prison.
The bottom line is depending on the facts of your case and your criminal history you could be facing decades behind bars, or even life in prison.
We understand the serious implications of drug charges and will work hard to get you the best possible resolution. Call us at (817) 203-2220.
More Drug Help …
In addition to defending drug possession and drug manufacturing charges, we also handle drug trafficking cases, where sentences can also be lengthy. Make sure you have the help you need to get the best resolution by contacting us. And if you are harshly sentenced in the past to a drug charge, we may be able to help you get a sentence reduction.
For example, under 18 U.S.C. §3582(c)(2) we may be able to obtain a sentence reduction for you if:
- Extraordinary and compelling reasons warrant a reduction;
- You are at least 70 years old, have served at least 30 years in prison, and are not a danger to any other person or the community; or,
- The sentencing range for the offense you were convicted of has been lowered by the Sentencing Commission.
Schedule a free consultation to learn much more – call (817) 203-2220 to get started.